1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerstrip - How to use it??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by esta56, Dec 1, 2003.

1. esta56

Jun 18, 2003
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Grays, Essex
    OK, as some of you will have seen from previous threads I managed to build an HTPC at the weekend and even get it up and running (more by luck than knowledge and judgement and of course advice from forum members).

So I will want the PC to output to my PJ and Plasma (details at the bottom) so I'm assuming that I need to end up with two Powerstrip settings that I can switch between depending on what I'm watching from (I've ordered a 1 into 2 VGA splitter so that the PC will constantly send a signal to both displays rather than having to plug and unplug all the time).

I can see that there are some predefined settings for Plasma and D-ILA PJs so I'm going to assume that this is where I start? Now Powerstrip seems extremely technical to me and as such allows a hole mutitude of adjustments which, of course I haven't a clue about. So can anyone give me (or point me in the right direction) an understanding of how to work with it? How do you go about improving the picture to the best you can get? Are there some rules to follow? I've seen previous threads just say 'adjust the settings, frequency etc. until you get a good picture' - great, that tells me everything and nothing. I've seen some comments about always make sure your resolution is divisble by 8 and then other comments saying not to worry about it. I'm quite happy to adjust settings but I need to know and understand what I'm doing and why in order to stand a chance of coming up with a great picture.

ANy help greatfully received.