Powerstrip help please.

Im having a few problems using powerstrip. I can only use powerstrip when I extend my windows desktop to the secondary monitor? How can I use it as a separate monitor? Powerstrip does not detect the secondary monitor unless it is extended? Powerstrip works fine when just using one monitor for me. Its driving me up the wall! :mad:

Im using a Radeon x800 using the omega drivers(couldn't get CCC working with new ati drivers), using the dvi out(with dongle) to my PWD8.

D

DaveP

Presumably you have tried "Clone Mode". You can only use the same resolution when in this mode so what you set in ps applies to both.

Why can't you use extended destop mode?

KraGorn

Novice Member
I'm not sure if Pstrip pIS usable in the context you're after, but then dual-monitor setup is something of a black art sadly.

DaveP said:
Presumably you have tried "Clone Mode". You can only use the same resolution when in this mode so what you set in ps applies to both.

Why can't you use extended destop mode?
There is no clone mode using the Ati 3d control panel I have. I would want to set my PWD8 up at 852x480 @ 50Hz, which my computer monitor cannot handle, so don't think clone mode is what I need.

If I use the extended desktop mode, all that does is give me a bigger desktop, which is no good when wanting to watch DVD, divx etc.

Is there a graphics card where you can have dual outputs with independant resolutions to each monitor? That is what I need.

D

DaveP

Walter Sobchak said:
If I use the extended desktop mode, all that does is give me a bigger desktop, which is no good when wanting to watch DVD, divx etc.
You just drag the player window over to the extended desktop and then maximise it. If you use something like Theatertek you can tell it to always use the second monitor.

Walter Sobchak said:

Is there a graphics card where you can have dual outputs with independant resolutions to each monitor? That is what I need.
As far as I know all the current cards support this function. I think you had better concentrate on getting CCC working. Have you tried the very latest drivers from ATI?

DaveP said:
You just drag the player window over to the extended desktop and then maximise it. If you use something like Theatertek you can tell it to always use the second monitor.

As far as I know all the current cards support this function. I think you had better concentrate on getting CCC working. Have you tried the very latest drivers from ATI?
Will have a go at dragging the player window over later, thanks. Yes I removed the current drivers using Driver Cleaner Pro, and then installed the very latest from ATI. It installed the drivers ok, but the CCC was missing.

EDIT: Got it working well with using extended desktop and maixmising! Cheers Dave! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom