1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerstrip 'Custom Settings' greyed out?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by MarkR, Sep 18, 2005.

1. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    I need to install a res of 856x480 to run my Panasonic Plasma from my HTPC.

I have just set my graphics settings with the Sony W900 driver.

The problem I am having is with Powerstrip. When I goto 'Display profiles' and then 'Advanced timing options' for some reason the 'Custom Resolutions' button is greyed out.

Any ideas?

Mark :lease:

2. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    On the first page of display profiles make sure the "hide modes not supported by this monitor" is unchecked.(worth checking the graphics display settings don't have a similar setting checked).

Make sure custom timings is selected in the drop down underneath the refresh slider on the right.

3. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    This is the box I have now unchecked on display properties (see pic) and have also selected 'custom timings' on Powerstrip.

The custom resolution button is still greyed out? :(

Attached Files:

4. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    There is some not very encouraging information on the entech website regarding Intel graphics chipsets and custom resolutions. However 856x480 is pretty much a standard resolution these days. Ensure you have the latest graphics driver and maybe think about updating the bios on your motherboard if this is an integrated gpu ( which I think it is).

Otherwise you might have to think about upgrading to a different gpu ( you don't need anything special a 10quid radeon VE will handle this no problem). Not much help if you have a laptop , I had a powerbook hooked up to a panasonic ae200 the other day and it supported the res as standard.