Powerstrip and panny AE100....No 856X480!

MarTTy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Having recently taken delivery of a HTPC, I configured Powerstrip to accept the 856x480 resolution for the Panny AE100 using the monitor as my display and then connecting to the Panny...perfect!

But now the PC won't accept this resolution. I sometimes swap from Panny back to my monitor due to the HTPC being under the stairs (where the monitor is). I've followed the loading instructions to the letter, I've even loaded the driver for the SONY GDM-900W. But now my monitor has a horizontal scrolling effect when I change the resolution from 800x600 to my custom resolution, be it, 856x480 or 1280x720

I've un-installed Powerstrip, and re-installed, still no joy. Can someone help me out, am I being thick!!

Martty

I'm sure your system is simply 'autodetecting P&P monitors' when you reconnect your CRT. Then it's not doing it for the panny, maybe it's not p&p? You can remove this under 'display properties/settings tab/advanced/monitors tab'. That might solve the panny trouble, but you might then find the crt displays nothing or strange effects if you don't change back to a crt friendly resolution before shuttting down and reconnecting it. I can't think of a convenient way round this one, My PJ is 4:3 so I don't have the trouble, but I've come across similar with a monitor designed to be turned through 90 degrees, ie portrait/landscape dual format. It was hell till we found the specific driver for the monitor, but you're using 2 different ones here.

Sorry, slight misreading there, but the principle holds, it's not detecting your CRT, Maybe the autodetect is turned off, turn it on and try again. Your monitor obviously has a violent antipathy to 856x480!

yep, I've had similar switching back from 1280 x 720 (wide720) on the pj to the laptop's own screen...

laptop screen whites out, hd lights flash... and then reboots.

always switch back to a standard resolution first before going to the PC's own screen.

After speaking to several people I managed to sort my PC out in the end, I removed the ATI Control panel and this resolved the problem. Apparently, ATI Drivers are not the best in the world and can cause problems with your resolution.

The latest XP driver (6.13.10.6094) seems to be a problem, so I have reverted back to the original driver (5.1.2001.0) and now my HTPC runs smoothly! Yippee

Martin

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom