1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerstrip and AE100

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by miketheman2k, Aug 3, 2004.

1. miketheman2k

miketheman2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have been using my PC for gaming with my Panasonic AE100 projector for a while now, and due to my ignorance, putting up with stupid stretched resolutions!

After searching these forums I found information about Powerstrip and the settings for custom resolutions. After installing Powerstrip and setting it up for 856x480 (as suggested in a previous thread) the screen looked worse than before - and I had to scroll across the desktop to see it all.

After checking my AE100's native res. I noticed it was 858x484. As soon as I changed the settings in Powerstrip (and rebooted) the screen looked perfect and fitted fine. Should I keep it at this resolution or is there a trick to make 856x480 work?

Also, the in the menu on the projector it says it is running in VGA480 and not WIDE480, even though the PC priority is set to wide - any ideas?

Thanks!

Mike

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,502
    It must say Wide480, otherwise you are not viewing the correct image.

I had a nightmare initially setting mine to wide480 because even the powerstrip would set the settings right, I still had to tell my graphics card software to change the refresh rate to 60hz, once I found this out it worked fine every time.

What is your graphics card?

Greg

3. miketheman2k

miketheman2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Radeon 9800XT using the latest Omega drivers.

The image 'looks' fine, but it tells me its VGA480 :rolleyes:

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,502
    In the settings for the video card, when you have it set to VGA480, what does the refresh rate read? Probably not your problem, but it was mine as in my first post.