1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerstrip & AE100 problem

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Greg Hook, Oct 18, 2003.

1. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,104
    Hi

I have a very annoying problem with my HCPC and AE100. I just can not seem to get a fixed method of making the AE100 show wide480 or wide720.

I have powerstrip running with the correct settings for this, projector set to wide etc, but whatever I do I just can't get the projector showing the right setting. All I get is VGA480 instead of wide480, or XGA instead of wide720.

The annoying thing is that I have had this working perfectly in the past (with my current hardware) showing both wide480 & 720 but I can not get it working consistently.

It is an Nvidia Geforce4 graphics card.

My method of trying to get this working is: projector on, then PC on, clone desktop and then change to the powerstrip setting.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Greg

2. Goof

Goof
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You need to go into options and set the priority to Wide, I believe.

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,104

4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    That's a bit of a puzzle................ when you send the AE100 the 1:1 match, and it shows vga480/whatever, go into the "Position" option in the AE100 Menu, go to "Autosetup" and select it - see if the AE100 will "synch" properly with the setting.

I know this a dumb quesion, but have you re-checked the Powerstrip settings to make sure they're correct ?

I have my pc set to output the AE100 res permanently - you could try that instead of switching res's - but that said, my AE100 locks to whatever res I send it, and will lock back onto 1:1 no prob.

When you had it woeking before, were you using the same graphics card ? I'm using a Radeon, and I've read stuff about nVidias having issues with custom res's - not sure whether this could be part of the issue or not........

Hope you get it sorted out,

Sean G.

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,104
    Hi Sean

Thanks for the reply.

When I had it working before it was with exactly the same hardware I have now.

I think I have sorted it out now. :clap:

For some reason the powerstrip correct refresh rate for the projector was not being sent through to the settings for the 2nd monitor in nview, so I changed the refresh rate in the nview settings to the powerstrip one and it worked. :)

I can not tell you how happy this makes me, after getting my projector ceiling mounted and all set up to find I couldn't get wide480 whatever I did almost made me pull my hair out!

Thanks
    Greg