Powerplay Direct Store Leicester 50% Off Everything

sh18

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but the PowerPlay Direct store in Leicester is having a 50% off everything sale as they are closing down.
Still a fair bit left, i managed to bag these blu rays:

007 Thunderball w/slipcase £6.50
Iron Man 1&2 Boxset £15
Watchmen Directors Cut £4!
Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 2 £13.50
Toy Story 1 £6.50
Wall-E £6.50

Didnt mean to spend so much but the prices were just too cheap to resist and I doubt theyll ever get anywhere near these prices in the future.
Partuclarly chuffed with Star Wars and Watchmen :thumbsup:

Their online arm still owes me money :mad: Got more chance of shaking the pope's hand then getting that back.

Did they have many blu rays left?

Closing down or being shut down?

I think they're in administration and are bankrupt (not necessarily to follow of course).

I mind them years ago they took over that Channel Islands company that I can't remember the name of (had great stock and prices).

If you buy anything expensive try and use a credit card -offers a bit of protection maybe.

And check the discs before you leave the shop! :D

[URL=http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7874/unledco.png]image
[/URL]

Closing down or being shut down?

I think they're in administration and are bankrupt (not necessarily to follow of course).

I mind them years ago they took over that Channel Islands company that I can't remember the name of (had great stock and prices).

If you buy anything expensive try and use a credit card -offers a bit of protection maybe.

And check the discs before you leave the shop! :D

Another possible future Hut Group clone site? :rotfl:

Where abouts in Leicester is their store.
Never go into town if i can help it but may bite the bullet today.
Thanks
SLOS

Its where Zaavi used to be in the Highcross. They still had a fair few blu rays left although many of the decent titles had gone. I managed to bag the last copies of Star Wars, Watchmen, Thunderball and Iron man 1&2.
I imagine there wont be a lot left unless they have refilled some stock.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom