Powernode 2021 does anyone have one? I have issues!

aibo82

Hi

I have been getting issues with a newly purchased Powernode 2021, I have sent a support ticket to Bluesound but wanted some users take on the issues.

The problem seems to be I'm getting an audible hiss from the speakers tweeters regardless of any volume this is not noticed during music by can be heard in a quite room about a meter away is that normal?

The biggest issue though seems to be popping/clicking of the speakers and subwoofer, it happened bringing the unit out of standby or changing tracks on amazon music or switching inputs.

The popping issue is much more faint on the speakers but on the subwoofer is loud, I have posted this video just so you hear the issue any help would be appreciated

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
Nope - that is not normal. Not experienced that with any of our demo units to date!

Recommend giving your dealer a call - the UK distributor is very very responsive.

[email protected]

I had that happen with a 2i. Something was causing the Powernode to enable Bluetooth and was generating noise. I set Bluetooth for manual,activation. That fixed it.

gava

I had that happen with a 2i. Something was causing the Powernode to enable Bluetooth and was generating noise. I set Bluetooth for manual,activation. That fixed it.

Well that's one way of looking at it. The other way is that it has a broken BT implementation. Maybe that doesn't matter if you don't use BT and are never planning to.

Pauel

Standard Member
I'd start from the proper grounding. I had the very same when I was using wxad-10 and svs-sb1000.
They both, being connected to the amp, gave the audible noise.
I added the grounding cable and the noise disappeared.

aibo82

I'd start from the proper grounding. I had the very same when I was using wxad-10 and svs-sb1000.
They both, being connected to the amp, gave the audible noise.
I added the grounding cable and the noise disappeared.
I’ve sent it back they replicated it in store with every Powernode on demo, they have contacted bluesound and even they have replicated it. said I have uncovered a major issue with there product and most likely would be fixed with firmware in the future they have set there engineers on it.

but until then I’m not hanging onto a £800 product that MAY get fixed

Plock

Novice Member
I'm also having the same problem. Can't believe I paid £800+ for a faulty product. I've spoken to Bluesound support and had the same answer, a known issue and they're looking into it.

I also cant believe that no one mentioned this issue in any review.

I'm sending mine back as well, it's a real shame as I really like the amp.

Not sure what to exchange it for, I was thinking about getting the Audiolab 6000a Play but I've heard Play-Fi is terrible.

gava

Better perhaps to replace with a Node 2i streamer and add a separate amplifier?

If you want average performance with lots of power: Behringer A800
If you want state-of-the-art performance: Topping PA5.

Should pretty much break even going this ^^ route.

Last edited:

Plock

Novice Member
Hiya, I literally just sold my node 2i (using a Topping E30 DAC) and Cyrus One amp. I wanted to simplify my setup for the family, they were getting annoyed hahaha

I kinda regret selling the node now, I never had an issue with it.

Yorkshire AV

AVForums Sponsor
I'm also having the same problem. Can't believe I paid £800+ for a faulty product. I've spoken to Bluesound support and had the same answer, a known issue and they're looking into it.

I also cant believe that no one mentioned this issue in any review.

I'm sending mine back as well, it's a real shame as I really like the amp.

Not sure what to exchange it for, I was thinking about getting the Audiolab 6000a Play but I've heard Play-Fi is terrible.
PlayFi doesn't give a comparable user experience unless you're using spotify connect...

If you like BluOS (I do!) - the new Roksan Attessa streaming amplifier has it built in:

Or for a smaller unit - the Primare i15:

Of course - these go up in budget. If you're just wanting a small unit, I would perhaps wait to see if Bluesound are able to fix the issue.

Can someone confirm if it's just when bluetooth is on?

Plock

Novice Member
Thanks for the info, the Roksan amp looks ace. Think I’ll have to put my research hat back on. I’ve never used Bluetooth on the Powernode

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom