• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Powerline Adapters with Sky / BT Infinity?

duckdodgersuk

Established Member
I've got Sky Fibre set up but the Sky hub they provide is too put it frankly.... s**t
I found a way to use my Asus RT-AC66U with my BT open reach modem by extracting my Sky ID using wireshark and using the merlin firmware on my router.
Full guide here: How to replace Sky SR102 with another Router (Sky Fibre)

Now the recomented set up is A
They say you can use power line adapters like the setup in B
But I want to put my OpenReach modem by the BT socket then use a Powerline Adapter to go through to the front room and plug it into my Asus Router. C
"Is this possible" ?

9LtTvaT.jpg

a5ian300zx

Prominent Member
A is how i have mine setup, be is also ok to do but c looks fine as the desk cable plugs into the model and then from the modem it just a Ethernet carrying the signal.

wormvortex

Distinguished Member
C should work but bear in mind the performance drop between the modem and router will affect every device that connects to the router, wired or wireless. If your home plugs are performing quicker than your connection speed this will not be an issue. With fig B the performance drop would only affect the sky HD box and not anything else that connects to the router.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom