Question Powerline Adapter

MixMaster Rick

Novice Member
Reaction score
All,

This is my 1st thread and I wanted to say thanks in advance for your assistance.
I am in need of a Powerline adapter and came across a TP-Link TL-PA9020P that looks good but a June 2016 review on this site gave it poor marks. I was wondering if there are any newer comments on this adapter. This is the link to the old review TP-LINK TL-PA9020P Powerline Starter Kit Review

I would be interested if you purchased these and what you thought

I've another brand of powerline adapters or homeplugs and while there may be subtle differences between them, there are industry specs that they supposidly conform to.
av500 spec of any manufacturer should work together for example.

I am not a fan of the homeplug concept and feel that they should be a last resort.
The performance can be variable depending on what electrical devices are on or being used on the circuit, they can take time to "wake up", and the performance is not as good as what you can achieve with modern wifi.

I've got homeplugs going out to the garage and an access point out there still as it's not so important, but if you want a stead connection consider a wireless bridge if you cant do cabling.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom