• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Powering sharkoon headset off usb?

tonksie93

Standard Member
So ive just brought a sharkoon headset. It uses 2 power supplys one to power the connection box where the decoder and everything is and another to power the headset itself. I was thinking could i use a usb power cable ive got, i tryed it in the connection box and the sound is really tiny and flat so im guessing the box needs more voltage. But i tryed it with the headset connector and it seems fine, i just want to be double sure.

On the transformer for the headset it says the output is 9volts and i know a usb socket only outputs 5volts. So theres my concern. But i dont really understand why the headset needs power, all the channels are seperated at the box and run down a 9 pin connector to the headset. The power supply would only power a little inline volume control and some tacky green lights on the headset.

you can try using a powered usb hub

or you can look for those usb enclosure usb cables that allow you to take power from 2 usb ports and connect that to the peice you need to power? you might need to change the head that connects to your device on the usb cable tho

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom