• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Powering down

morgans

Established Member
Hello.
I have just had a Nvidia GeForce 9600GT installed and I am getting this message

"To protect your hardware from potential damage or system lockup the graphics processor has lowered it's performance level for safe operations."

It goes onto say.
"To remedy the problem ensure your graphics card in your system has the supplemental power connector attached, Also the power supply must be able to service all your attached peripherals in addition to this extra connection.
How many power connectors are on the card?
I have a 450 psu onboard.
The movements of any character is appalling.
Thank's in advance

drummerjohn

Prominent Member
You have confused us. You are asking us how many power connectors are on your gfx card? The gfx card you fitted and likely 2 feet from right now?

Did the card come with an adaptor to change your one power connector on the gfx crad to two? Are they both connected to seperate rails from your psu. Does each of these rails support 18amps?

morgans

Established Member
As I said in the first post I had it fitted.
What was in the box? I don't know I wasn't present when it was installed....However I have found out.
From your question I take it there should be dual connector and there wasn't one.
So I'll get in touch with the place I bought it and ask for a partial refund, as I cannot wait around for all the postal nonsense to happen I'll buy one locally tomorrow
Thank's
Are you (un) confused now lol.
There is no such word, I know.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom