1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powering AE100 from lighting circuit ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mcaw, Sep 3, 2003.

1. mcaw

mcaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I will be mounting my projector close to a soon to be defunct wall light. I am considering connecting a 5amp fused spur plate to the lighting ring main, and connecting the supplied European power cord directly into it.
    The manual states the power consumption is 180w when fan is running. Will this blow / trip a 5amp lighting circuit ?, otherwise I will have to run a supply up to it.

2. BigTone

BigTone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +952
    180W won't blow your lighting circuit, and as long as you use a fused spur you should no trouble.

Tone

3. gingercat

gingercat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Won't the supply potentially be more 'spikey' i.e. when people turn on lights on the same circuit? Light switches don't exactly cleanly turn on the power do they, and the spikes/noise may cause problems...

I'm in no way an electrical person (I'm a programmer (d'oh, shouldn't have admitted that)), so I may of course be wrong...