1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Powerhouse are bad news!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by dc1743, Jan 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. dc1743

dc1743
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Apologies for posting another thread about my problem.

However I think this is worth posting separately.

I purchased a Sky+ box from Powerhouse last Saturday and had it installed by an independant authorised Sky agent on Sunday. Unfortunately it was a 9F003 and has a noisy harddrive.

I called Powerhouse on Monday hoping they would arrange to replace the box. They wouldn't have anything to do with it. They berated me for having a non sky installer fit it and told me I had invalidated my warranty.

I told them I was rejecting the box and demanded a refund of my £300 in accordance with the Sale of Goods Act.

Up to now they are completely refusing to comply with the law leaving me with little option but to go to the small claims court.

I just can't understand what their problem is. If they refund me they wont lose out as they will be recompensed by Pace or the buying group they got it from.

Richard :mad: :mad: