• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

powerful portable laptop??

pinecooler

I would like a powerful 12" laptop, something like the asus u6sg p2014, but with a docking station.

The main choices i've seen are the dell 430 and the toshiba portege r500 however both of these use the ULV core processors which are left a little wanting.

the xps 1330 wsould be great but has no docking station

Mark_a

The trouble is 12" and powerful don't often go together, if ever. And just how 'powerful' do you mean? You certainly won't get anyone making a 12" machine with an 8800 GTX graphics processor in it, for example, or a top of the line CPU.

Regards

Mark

pinecooler

You certainly won't get anyone making a 12" machine with an 8800 GTX graphics processor in it, for example, or a top of the line CPU.

Mark

I'm not looking for a gaming rig or a powerhorse. All i really want is a small light laptop that has decent power such as a standard Core 2 as opposed to the ULV version.

The SZ looks like a good option, 13" i can live with my requirement is more on weight than size.

will look a bit more into the sony.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom