Powered surround back speaker - help

B

bluey2

I am after some advice, I have purchased a Kenwood KRF-V7060D Amp/reciever with all 5 speakers and sub woofer. It can deliver 6.1 with the addition of a back speaker thru a pre out, I presume this means a powered speaker/s? I have a Grundig Zenaro DVD player connected using COAX digital as the Zenaro does not have Optical out, will I still recieve DVD6CH. The amp does support it. Can someone help me out with my queries and if anyone knows where I can purchase a back speaker/s, (Ive tried Kenwoods web site to no avail) Thanks:confused:

Hi

You either need a powered speaker or a normal speaker with an additional amplifier (the more common route).

Your dvd player will pass whatever signal is encoded on the disc either optically or digitally via the coaxial output. Its the amp that does the decoding, assuming it has the relevant decoders.

The speaker you choose will depend on whether you want one exactly the same as those that you have for the left & right surrounds (ideally) or whether you want to use one made by another manufacturer.

Thanks for that, I dont suppose you could point me to any online Kenwood stockists or a thid party company that sells them, preferably in UK, once again thanks for the info, resally appreciated.
Ian

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom