1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDVD with SONY CAV-U5

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by vocalmind, Dec 10, 2004.

1. vocalmind

vocalmind

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have two soundcard on my PC (creative two channel, and SONY cav-u5). I had no problem with the creative soundcard and can get 2 channel output.

When I tried to change my audio settings on my PC to Sony CAV-U5, and change the audio settings of the powerDVD to SPDIF there is NO audio output.

My powerDVD detects only the creative audio, how can I change it?

I've tried to play eagles hell freeze over DTS audio on window media player using the SONY cav-u5 connected to my receiver then I get DTS on my receiver.

Seems like powerdvd don;t support the sony cav-u5, any workaround in this issue? any driver?

:confused:

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm just guessing here, I only have one soundcard on my system so I can't test it but from looking at PowerDVD it's clear you can't select the soundcard to use, unlike some other players. I'm therefore assuming it uses the default card configured in Windows.

If I'm right then if you go to Control Panel, Sounds and Audio Devices, go to the Audio tab you may then be able to select the CAV-U5 as the Default Playback Device (the top one). Now start PowerDVD, go to the Configuration dialog and look at the Information tab, at the bottom of the Hardware Information section it lists the audio hardware, hopefully this will now say the Sony.

If this isn't the answer then I'm afraid I've no idea how PowerDVD would be selecting the device it's using.