PowerDVD v5 & Sleep Mode.....

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by cosmic023, Mar 14, 2004.

1. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Hi All,

An interesting question for you all.............

When watching a DVD movie on my HTPC, how do i activate say the screen saver once the credits have finished ?? I think i could use repeat in PDVD5 to replay a movie ?? Is this Correct ??

The reason i ask, is because if i nod off during a movie......and wake up several hours later........i'm scared at the thought that a static DVD menu image has been burnt into the face of the CRT tubes in my Barco 801s CRT PJ.

One option is to use DVD shrink and play it off the HD, i know i can then use the repeat function.

Any clues ?? I'm sure there must be a method to avoid this ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

2. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Anyone ?? Is there anyway of activating the screen saver ?? or Could i use Girder to activate the screensaver ??

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I can't believe burn-in would be a problem after only a few hours to be honest, I think you're perhaps worrying unecesarily though I have no experience of CRT displays except for TVs and if a TV burnt-in after only a few hours I'd be pretty annoyed.

I can't see a way for PDVD to kick off the saver. TheaterTek has a screen-saver function, maybe if you're really concerned you could look at that.

As for using an external controlling program, I can't see how something like Girder would be able to detect the movie has finished playing .. best you could do would be to kick off a script running a timer just before you fire-up PDVD, the script might then be able to do something, it'd need some research I think.

4. cosmic023

cosmic023

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    Cheers KraGorn,

I'll look into that software, as everybody raves about it. Is it correct there is only a full version available, and no demo to try ??

What's the URL ??

Cheers

Cosmic023