1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDVD.. at last, no stutter!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Clint C, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Clint C

Clint C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok, am I the only one who didn't know about the settings in PowerDVD 4 to get rid of the stuttery picture to make it smooth flowing? Just changed the config from "original" to "theatre" or "vivid" and bob's your uncle, no stutter. Well it worked with mine anyway. I must admit I've been finding it confusing about all this talk of HCPC being better for playback and wondered why mine looked rubbish... now I know. :clap:

Also, maybe it's me but since changing this setting I have also noticed that the sound is no longer cutting out which used to be for around half a second every 5 mins... :confused: Bizarre!

Athlon 2100+, 1GB RAM, Asus A7N8X deluxe m/b, Radeon 9600 and using SPDIF out from the motherboard.

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    That's a bizarre result of changing that setting :eek: ... AFAIK it only should affect the contrast/brightness/colour/etc settings, nothing more.

:confused:

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Are you sure you didn't turn off "Hardware Acceleration............" ........ changing the video settings as indicated in your post should have absolutely nil effect on stuttering............................ bizarre indeed.....

Sean G.