PowerDVD and screen capture

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Rigid, Apr 30, 2002.

1. Rigid

Rigid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone run PowerDVD (V4.0) as supplied with a Dell PC? I've given up trying (OK, this is one last shot!) to find the 'Capture' tab which will enable me to set up my options for screen grabbing, on the basis that Dell must provide a cut-down version of the application. Please, please prove me wrong!

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    no idea on the cut down version, but it's plain as day on the config menu on the full version. I love that capture facility, it makes the best wallpaper.

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10,572
    Capture doesn't work if you have hardware acceleration enabled. Try disabling it and the option should become available.

4. Rigid

Rigid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting! I haven't manually enabled hardware acceleration (not that I remember, anyway), but I did install and run DVDGenie - might that have enabled it? Isn't hardware acceleration generally a good thing, though? Screen capture is a fun-feature, but I'm not sure I'd want it at the expense of picture quality.

5. Rigid

Rigid

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Switched off hardware acceleration (via checkbox) to no avail. I guess that can only mean one thing: castrated OEM version.