1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PowerDVD 4.0 XP Picture Improvement

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by h0l1yw0od, Mar 29, 2004.

1. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Is there any way to improve the picture on this software? Its generally pretty grainy (obviously partly due to the disc quality) and can also be quite soft.

I've made a comparisson of a Finding Nemo screenshot that my friend took through WinDVD and one i took and PowerDVD seems to really lack in the picture area.

I don't use it to watch films really, but i like taking grabs for my desktop wallpaper so i'd like to know if anyone has any ideas. Thanks.

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yes, there are a couple of this you can do without changing it for a different player. Make sure you have hardware acceleration turned on (in the Video tab of Power DVD) and in the advanced section select "force weave".

This will not affect screen shot quality as it doesn't use hardware acceleration while taking a screen shot (the "live" picture will be better than a screen shot)