Powerbook lower memory slot repair program

will1970

Novice Member
As the title suggests the lower memory slot in my powerbook seems to have failed. Have swapped the memory modules around but no luck :thumbsdow. Having compared serial numbers i seem to have a computer that is valid with Apples extended repair program for the lower memory slot. However having read the terms of this programme it seems it is only valid until the mac is 2 years old and mine is 4-5 months past two years old. Has anyone had experience of this program, or know how strict they are on the age of the computer?. I have got an apointment at the genius bar in Regent Street tomorow so if anyone has any ideas of what my plan of attack should be to get the free repair i would be glad to hear it.

Many Thanks
Will

jont

I manage dto get a G3 Powerbook logic board repaired earlier this year and teh programme had been finished for a while !! ... I was very impressed at Apple's approach - told them that my friend (who owned the laptop) wasn't very IT literate and wouldn't have known about a recall if there was one ...

As you are only a few months past I would say it's worth a try and plead ignorance - you would have brought it in earlier if only you'd known about the recall !!

jon

will1970

Novice Member
Thanks Jont, they agreed to replace it free of charge so hopefully i will get it back in a few days.The genius did ummm and ahhhh for a bit but a quick chat with the boss man and they agreed to do it. So impressed was i that i walked out with a 24 inch imac (well i went around the corner to John Lewis as the 2 year guarantee they offer makes it worth it!) A lovely machine!

Will

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom