• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Power surge unit with battery backup for my projector ?

choccy

Standard Member
Having just had a power cut which turned my ax200 off and then the power came alsmot instantly back on so the fans cooled the lamp. So hopefully it is ok, but it made me think - do people think it is worth while to use a battery backup unit incase of power failure ?

How do they work ? Is that when there is a power cut they automatical stop the unit from switching off or is there a loss of power even for a second ?

Lastly, any recommendations ?

andyman2

Choccy

I had a similar experience a month or so ago. The power failed then came back on after a couple of seconds. I quickly powered the projector back on hoping to use the fan to cool the bulb, however to make matters worse the power then failed again.

I found this on ebuyer for £20

Plexus MV 650VA UPS With AVR - Ebuyer

its only 650 Watts but it will be enough to allow me to shut the projector down in an orderly manner. There are a series of these at different power specs depending on your need.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom