Power supply noise Panasonic PX60

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by colonel_smith, Aug 9, 2006.

1. colonel_smith

colonel_smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Got my PX 60 replaced yesterday as the first one had alot of noise from the power supply area..It was a high pitched whistle that would increase in volume depending on what was on the screen like alot of white in the picture or even the sky channel selector..I had an engineer from the shop come out the other week to check the problem and he said that it should not do that..They make a bit of noise but no way should it be that loud..
    Got the new one yesterday and if anything the noise is worse...
    Does anyone else have this noise???It is not the fans and comes from the area near where the plug goes...

2. thewul

thewul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    yeh mine makes a noise but i`m not sure its at the level that yours is.
    its la buzz and seems worse on bright white scenes, to be honest tho i cant here it at all with the volume up a bit and at normal viewing distance.

3. colonel_smith

colonel_smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I was told they make some noise but you can here over people talking with the volume at a normal level...
    I am just trying to see if this noise is the norm or if I have yet another faulty one and to be honest if it is the norm for these sets I will have to get a different model or make cause the whistle is at such annoying pitch it gives me a headache if I watch it for over an hour...

4. craig777

craig777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Definately not normal.

My 42PX60 does have a slight buzz, but you can only hear it when you put your head right up close around the back of the screen. No way should you be able to hear it at normal volume levels from your viewing position.

5. javaman

javaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is silent too. You here it only on mute and when you have your ear around 20 cm away from fan.

6. Ultima

Ultima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Yes mine silent too. Sounds like a fault to me.

Martin

7. colonel_smith

colonel_smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just my luck to get 2 sets with the same problem...Will have to go into the shop at the weekend and see what they say...Will have a listen to there display model while there...
    I was not there yesterday when they bought the replacement so could not try it before they left but I thought they would have checked it before leaving..

8. airline1

airline1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Had mine delivered yesterday, a replacement for a faulty hitachi.
    Initially I had no problems but today I am becoming more and more aware of a high pitched buzz. I had a buzz with the hitachi but it was not something which you were aware of unless you actually listened for it.

This buzz on the px60 is something completely different. It is of such a frequency that you can not 'tune' it out.

Now I have a dilema. I have already had to return the hitachi, although I intend to give it a couple of days to see if it is a case of the TV 'bedding-in'. If not, I am not sure where I stand with regard to getting the TV replaced again.

At this rate I will go through the shops entire range of models. Im kicking myself now for selling the 36" CRT which never gave me any problems at all.

9. colonel_smith

colonel_smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Airline....I had my first PX60 for nearly 4 weeks but was away for 2 of them and the noise got worse if anything.This new one is worse and I can hear it even over louder moments on the screen.It is such an annoying noise it gives me a headache if I watch it for too long....
    I would deffo get it replaced even if you have already sent one back...You have paid alot of money and it should be fit to do the job it was made for..I would doubt panasonic would have sold them if this noise was the norm..
    If you can go into a few shops and listen to a px60 running..I got mine from a local place and it was very quiet in the shop and I never heard a thing from there model.If this noise is the norm then I will be asking for a refund and will try another model...

10. javaman

javaman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have never used service menu so I wonder if there is no fan speed settings in it?