Power supply help

belbin369

Hello everyone

I would like to know if this power supply would fit in this case?

case. AVP ATX WOLVERINE GREEN BC-WF18G COMPUTER CASE BLACK GAMING PC TOWER & 750W PSU | eBay

power supply. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Corsair-CX750-750W-CX-Builder-Series-80-PLUS-Bronze-ATX-EPS-Power-Supply-PSU-/360643094396?pt=UK_Computing_PowerSupplies_EH&hash=item53f800e77c

Pc Specs.
i5 3570k oc'd to 4.4ghz
Asus P8Z77 v-lx2
viper venom ram 16GB @1866
kfa2 GTX 670 oc 2Gb

The power supply what came with my case has blown :(. I did test the motherboard with a old psu and it turned on (thank god).

thanks guys/girls

paulktreg

Yes it will fit.

belbin369

Thank you for a fast reply.

Is 750w enough juice for my specs because my old one was 750w and died on me :(. Was my old PSU crappy?

paulktreg

A 750W power supply with only one PCI-E connector can only be a low end generic so yes it was crappy. ;)

A 750W will be more than enough. I'm not a fan of the Corsair CX series, it will do the job no doubt but I would go for the TX750 if funds permit.

belbin369

I'm thankful it didn't take any of my other components because I would of cried lol. Just looked at the TX750 on eBay @£88 so I might go with that.

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
A 750W will be more than enough. I'm not a fan of the Corsair CX series, it will do the job no doubt but I would go for the TX750 if funds permit.

It's interesting you should say that as the OEM of the CX is Channel Well and they also make some of the HX series for Corsair which is the version above TX.

I believe the V2 of the TX750 are made by seasonic, either way I'd be happy with any Corsair PSU :)

Ellis

A 750W power supply with only one PCI-E connector can only be a low end generic so yes it was crappy. ;)

I recognise your username. Do you or have you reviewed PSUs? I think I bought mine from you (XFX 650W XXX Edition).
It's interesting you should say that as the OEM of the CX is Channel Well and they also make some of the HX series for Corsair which is the version above TX.

I believe the V2 of the TX750 are made by seasonic, either way I'd be happy with any Corsair PSU :)
I think all their current ones are good, but they have released duff ones. Was it the HX1000? And I think the original CX430 had its fair share of issues. Just sayin', remember to think of PSUs on a model-to-model basis, as brands are going to use different OEMs for different models, and OEMs aren't always going to make consistent quality PSUs.

Anyway, OP, why do you want a 750W PSU? Even if you plan to add a second GTX 670 later on, a 650W unit will be enough. For your current setup, I'd probably recommend a 550W or thereabouts.

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
I think all their current ones are good, but they have released duff ones. Was it the HX1000? And I think the original CX430 had its fair share of issues. Just sayin', remember to think of PSUs on a model-to-model basis, as brands are going to use different OEMs for different models, and OEMs aren't always going to make consistent quality PSUs.

I do remember, hence why I mentioned who the OEM is:rolleyes:

Never had an issue with Corsair, I've used pretty much most of their range and have 8 in current machines here.

XjP1JNm.jpg

Ellis

I do remember, hence why I mentioned who the OEM is:rolleyes:

Never had an issue with Corsair, I've used pretty much most of their range and have 8 in current machines here.

Oh that was directed more at the OP than you. I just didn't want them to read 'I'd be happy with any Corsair PSU' and go down the route of blindly buying Corsair PSUs in the future :)

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
Oh that was directed more at the OP than you. I just didn't want them to read 'I'd be happy with any Corsair PSU' and go down the route of blindly buying Corsair PSUs in the future :)

I don't want to be pedantic, but why would they blindly buy? I, and others who are in the industry have no problem buying Corsair, only ever had an issue with the TX750 which was recommended and that was coil whine.

I have a CX430 and never had an issue with it, you find most people have issues with their PSU when they overload it and then can't understand why it's failed.

Either way, the RMA process wouldn't be an issue as Corsair are very good :thumbsup:

Ellis

I don't want to be pedantic, but why would they blindly buy? I, and others who are in the industry have no problem buying Corsair, only ever had an issue with the TX750 which was recommended and that was coil whine.

I have a CX430 and never had an issue with it, you find most people have issues with their PSU when they overload it and then can't understand why it's failed.

Either way, the RMA process wouldn't be an issue as Corsair are very good :thumbsup:
I don't know if you understand the point I'm trying to make. I'm not knocking Corsair PSUs or saying people shouldn't buy them, simply trying to avoid another person thinking that Corsair PSUs are the be-all and end-all, and that others aren't really worth buying.

I don't want to get into an argument, all I'm trying to say is that it's always good to consider other options, rather than buy (and recommend) the same brand every time. This doesn't just apply to PSUs, but that is what I'm specifically talking about.

Chuck Norris

Distinguished Member
No one said other brands weren't worth considering, the OP linked to a Corsair, another higher model was recommended and then I added my input.

I'm not arguing with you Ellis, and you are probably right, I don't see the point you are trying to make, it seems irrelevant if I'm honest.

Ellis

No one said other brands weren't worth considering, the OP linked to a Corsair, another higher model was recommended and then I added my input.

I'm not arguing with you Ellis, and you are probably right, I don't see the point you are trying to make, it seems irrelevant if I'm honest.
Best to leave it then, or we'll just end up carrying on going back and forth without getting anywhere :D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom