power supply change to new box ?

moghm

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hope things are well, not been here for a while. I received a new sky hd box, this is the compact one with the sky logo at the back, cant find model number anywhere. They have left me with my old thompson sky hd box which I have had for over 4 years now. The old box had a £40 power power supply upgrade and am thinking:-

a. Is the new box going to develop the same power supply issues as the thomson box did ?

b. do you think its worthwhile, if compatible, to switch the upgraded power supply to the new box ?

many thanks

Hi, welcome back, and you started with an easy one - the answers are no to both, leave well alone.
Logi

For the record, a Thomson PSU can't be used in any other manufacturer's Digibox.

If you don't want your Thomson Digibox, you could sell it (advertise on this forum or eBay). In fact you'd probably get £25 just for the PSU if it's a genuine upgrade.

The power supply is a genuine sat cure item. What do you guys reckon, power supply and the box, what should it be going for on ebay ?

many thanks

Interesting that is it "3D Ready" which is meaningless, and that it has "component input" which it doesn't but which would be useless anyway.
:laugh:

Yes, there are mistakes but, other than that, it's a fairly good advert!
When you sell a Thomson, it's good idea to emphasise the fact that it has component outputs (compatible with some older HDTVs), a genuine SatCure PSU upgrade, age and capacity of Hard Drive etc.

Note that the 3 year SatCure warranty *IS* transferable in most cases (order number required).

thanks for all the advice, will stick it on ebay and see what happens.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom