Power Rangers Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

Simon Crust

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Is this the first Dolby Vision / Atmos live action UHD release? I thought Fast & Furious 8 pipped it?

Last edited:
Is this the first Dolby Vision / Atmos live action UHD release? I thought Fast & Furious 8 pipped it?
No Power Rangers came out in the US on the 27th of June but Fate of the Furious didn't come out until the 11th of July. Power Rangers hit the UK on the 31st of July but Fast and Furious 8 does arrive until the 16th of October!

Simon's equipment doesn't but I've got the LG B7, LG UP970 and Oppo UDP-203, so I did the Dolby Vision part of the review – I'll make that clear.
Thought something didn't read right
So did Simon do the Dolby Atmos part of the review?

This is on my list of UHD's to buy - I have seen the movie and agree with the review.

I'll be buying it for the inclusion of Dolby Vision/Atmos as i've got LG B6 and LG UP970 and a 5.1.2 set-up - so looking forward to it!

i had the disc ages ago,while dv and atmos were great you couldn't pay me to watch it again.:eek:

Isn't power rangers made for school children ?

Is it wrong I actually enjoyed this movie?

As noted in the review though the picture and sound quality is outstanding and one of my go to demo disks when showing off my new kit!

Have you actually checked by playing the disc because the US disc doesn't mention Dolby Vision anywhere on the packaging but it does have it.
Ah. I'm just going by the fact there is no dv logo anywhere. Thankyou

No Dolby vision on the UK release
There is DV on the UK release. I've watched it on two different UK discs and both have Dolby Vision.

and this is true demo material for both picture and sound.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom