• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Power options needed please.

Exemplar

Banned
Gents,

I'm wiring the family room up. Nothing too adventurous. But the thing is the power sockets are the wrong side of the room. There is a thin plasterboard wall with a double socket situated the other side which I could pull through and make a quad but it would be on the left hand side of the wall when the equipment is on the right in a cabinet as this is the only place in the room it can fit, in addition SWMBO states that it will all be there and nowhere else.... I have the following that need power

TV
Sony 2.1 amp
PS3
Xbox 360
Wii
Gamecube
PS2
PS1
Ethernet switch
Now TV
Western Digital Play TV box

All the equipment bar the TV and the Sony 2.1 amp are in a tall ikea Billy cabinet. I'm thinking that I might lose a shelf and put a 10 socket surge protected brick on the top shelf and have the cables feed out from there to the kit but would I be safe running the brick from one side of the room to the other or should I move the socket from the other room?

Any helpful tips gratefully received...

Alex

Gaspode_TWD

Established Member
While that's a reasonable amount of equipment it still falls below a Kettle or Electric fire. So unless its a very large room you should be safe with the power block. How acceptable a cable right across the room will be ... ? And you may find it hard to locate a power block with a sufficiently long flex.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom