1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power off X1a

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ejellard, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ejellard

ejellard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just purchased an Infocus X1a and read the manual about how to power it off. Thinking that the bulb needs active cooling before turning it off, I find the following extract from the manual confusing -

"You can turn the projector off simply by toggling the power switch to the off position.

When the lamp has cooled, the LED lights solid green and the fans slow down to a minimal speed. To turn off the projector, toggle the power switch to the off position."

When I turn off the projector by the switch, absolutely everything turns off, including the fans and the LED. My X1a didn't come with a remote, so is there a way of turning the lamp off before the fans without waiting for "Power Save" to kick in?

Thanks in advance,
    Ed

2. starfire

starfire

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    The X1a doesn't come with a remote, the X1 does.

You can power off the unit with the remote - it turns the lamp off then runs the fans for a bit then switches the main fan off and just leaves the smaller quieter fan running until you toggle the power switch.

Infocus have stated previously that its safe just to poweroff the X1 / X1a, it has been designed to be OK with this.

In fact there was a discussion stating its better just to power it off and let the lamp cool naturally rather than accelerating it using a fan.

edit: check section 8.1 of the X1 FAQ, there is an employee's comment on this:-
    http://members.shaw.ca/technut/x1faq/

3. ejellard

ejellard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for replying - much appreciated.

That's interesting about just powering it off - makes my life easier as I don't have a remote and am planning on ceiling mounting the projector, so I can just kill the mains plug!

Thanks,
    Ed