1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power filtering : Does it improve picture quality?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Gordon @ Convergent AV, May 9, 2001.

1. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,802
    Leon: There are osme states in America where you would be mad to not fit some sort of power surge appliance. They suffer "brown outs" etc with regular occurence. Hence the proliferation of such devices over there.

We on the other hand have pretty good electrical supply. If I was you I'd look at getting a dedicated spur fed to the projector before buying line conditioners etc.

I'm going to spend a few days with one of Canada's top installation companies during my holidays in a few weeks. If they have any of these things knocking around I'll see what they're like.

If you do tgry something out let us know. Every little bit helps.

Gordon

2. uncle eric

uncle eric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Leon,
    Gordon is right. Our supplys are pretty clean in this country. I have seen some supply conditioners in action here in the UK but for bang for buck ratio I felt they were poor.
    If you want to look further you might want to check out www.russandrews.com

Eric

3. Leon Rees

Leon Rees

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've read a lot of blurb on installing power filters to improve picture quality.

Specifically, I'm interested in whether it will improve the picture quality of my Barco Data 808s CRT projector. I'm happy with the picture, but in the spirit of home cinema perfection, I'm looking for more!

So, does anybody have experience of using a power filter/conditioner with a CRT? Did it improve the picture?

Much of the documentation I've read is from the US. Is their power "dirtier" than ours and need filtering?

Thanks

Leon