1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power DVD from Cyberlink code hack

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by h0l1yw0od, Dec 5, 2000.

1. h0l1yw0od

h0l1yw0od

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I got version 2.00 with a computer from Tiny and was (after much playing around) able to crack the coding to play disks from any region by changing the settings in Windows registry files (regedit). I changed it to region 2 one time to watch Truman and then went on holiday. When i came back i forgot how to change the region code. Can anyone remind me of which setting it is.

I'm sure it was something to do with the settings LRCD, RCD and RCD_No's but i can't figure out the combination. I can get the settings in Power DVD to say region 1,2,3,4,etc. but it won't actually play the discs which is frustrating as it worked before so I know it can be done..

I don't really use it to watch the films but it makes the PC Friendly stuff work better.

Please help!

2. Branxx

Branxx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    h0l1yw0od,

There is a much more agreeable way of tweaking with the region codes. Download a region selector software called DVD Genie which you can use any time to change the region. This would work countles times if only if your DVD drive is also region free.