Power Distribution Units (PDUs) for Home Cinema / Hi-fi use?

kipper15

Is anyone on the forum using Power Distribution Units (PDUs) in their home cinema/hi-fi setups?

I'm referring to the type that are designed to be rack-mounted.

Like these:

UK Socket / UK Plug Rack PDU

I would not rack-mount mine, presumably the end 'ears' can be removed on these easily enough?

The reason I'm considering these for my main hi-fi/AV setup us because I want something better than your regular "high street" multi-way extension lead, but I refuse to pay snake oil prices!

All comments welcome.

IWC Dopplel

kipper15

I'll check those out. If I go for one like that I'd need one where the mains lead comes out at one end not the back!

kipper15

Thanks Joe. Only issue with those is the position of the power lead, coming out at the 'wrong' end of the block - I'd have that lead going back over the plugs...or the power leads from the equipment being 'twisted' so the power lead from the block doesn't go over the plugs. Hope that makes sense!

mushii

Distinguished Member
I appreciate that these are nice PDUs but the Olson ones seem really expensive at £165 for a PDU when it does the same job as a standard rack PDU for £30.

IWC Dopplel

I paid £53 plus VAT and delivery for 4 plug blocks, they are all metal and hard wired

upload_2019-3-19_15-51-57.png

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom