1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power Cuts

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Tomfoolery, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Tomfoolery

Tomfoolery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    After having the second power cut in a few weeks (projector wasn't on during these), I've started to wonder...

Do power cuts damage the lamp, or any other part of the projector? I'm guessing it must do some sort of damage, as the fan wouldn't have time to cool everything down?

Do any of you use UPSs, or is there no real need for one?

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    the heat can surely cause all sorts of damage to the machine, id assume the lamp not to be the most prone mind you since it will be hot all the time seeing as its in use.

I guess that power cuts are infrequent enough that a ups doesnt really matter.

I am always more concerned about spikes or surges that can appear at and around times like that

ad

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It's got to shorten the bulb life at the least, and you shouldn't try to power it on again until things have cooled down completely. A "hot restart" is a sure way to blow the lamp completely.

Sean G.