1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power cut.. p25 left chans 1+2 dead :(

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by rOAdeh, Jan 27, 2005.

1. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hey all,

We had a power cut the other day and when the power came back up i found that my left channel Quad 11L woofer wasn't working.

I'm biamping with an A80 and P25 and since the other channels were fine i decided to just quickly switch the woofer to chan 2 on the P25 yet there was still no sound :(

I then plugged the woofer into chan 2 on the A80 and it came to life as normal. Clearly the power cut has blown a fuse or worse in the P25, seems strange that both the left hand channels died without damaging the right channel at all :/ Was i just unlucky?

If it's simply a matter of changing fuses i'm sure i can just about handle that :) though anything more complex than that i think i'd rather just send it in for repair.

I think the warranty has expired as i bought the amp second hand off someone on this forum though will be able to check when i go home this weekend? Am i likely to be able to claim compensation off my accomodation (i'm in halls at uni) for any repair costs?

Finally, if it does send it in does anyone know if you can get replacement lids for the P25? In one of the corners it looks like my cousin has taken a key to it or something :/ if it needs to get sent in then i guess i should replace that as well so long as it isn't ridiculously expensive!

Cheers,

Ben

2. sticker

sticker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ben,
    Don't know the answer to your channel problems unfortunately, but I would certainly give Arcam technical support a call and they may be able to diagnose the problem over the phone or perhaps a Arcam dealer. You've certainly got nothing to lose by lodging a claim with your Uni's facilities dept and/or the electricity co.
    As to the lids, they can be easily replaced and they are not too expensive, give Andy Moore at Arcam tech support a call.

HTH

Regards
    John

3. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    John, thanks for the reply, i'll try and get round to sorting it in the next couple of days!

4. yant

yant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I would contact Arcam support since they are very helpful but even if your unit was still on warranty, this is unlikely to be a warranty claim. The likelyhood is that this was cause by a power surge related to the power cut. I had a similar problem with a dv88 following a power cut. I was successful make an insurrance claim however. So yes, I would contact the Uni as this may well be covered by their insurance.

5. rOAdeh

rOAdeh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thanks yant,

ashamedly i've been quite busy and not got round to sorting this yet :(