Power Consumption?

davee

Established Member
Reaction score
Anybody know the power consumption of a 100x5 power amp when in standby mode and in idle mode, ie on but nothing playing?

Thanks

3W

Quoting Udo:
"Products of this design type use extra components to give the ability to switch off most circuitry. This means added space and cost. The DVD32, 100x5R, 250MR or 250x3R use this method of standby. Their standby consumption is around 3W Well, I learnt my lesson from the AV32R, didn’t I? "

I cannot seem to link to the original post with the mobile app, but found it with a forum search.

As I remember correctly the Idle power consumption of a 100x5 is arround the 220-250W mark.

Thanks guys, really means I must remember to turn it off. It was ok when linked to the Tag AV32 and everything went to standby together....

Karlnurr, I see you have the Naka AV1 with the 100x5. Do you have the same problem or have you found a sneaky way round it?

What kind of problem do you mean?

Having to turn off the poweramp off separately rather than the tag bus turn it off with the processor

I do it manually by remote or on/off switch.

So do I but I often forget.....

I've been turning of the whole AV system, including the Subs because I'm anxious about burning the power supplies out. hate to think what I'd do if I couldn't use this stuff and couldn't get it repaired.

Dave if you're worried about forgetting why not buy a 'smart' power strip or whatever they are called (depending who makes it), have your processor/tv/oppo as the the trigger device so when turned off amp turns off shortly after.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom