Power Conditioning

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by swall101, Jan 1, 2007.

1. swall101

swall101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Anyone got any experience with the Isotek Sigmas? I've been looking at power conditioning for a while but have been worried about some of the reports about losing 'something from the soundstage'.

I spoke to a dealer about this issue and the reason he gave was that some of the lower end products were not up to the job of supplying a power amp such as the Arcam P7 causing it to be 'strangled'. He recommended the Sigmas as its dedicated outlet for power amps would be perfect for the job.

Its an expensive bit of kit, are the returns relative in relation to audio and video improvements...... comments welcome. (Dealer has said I can trial this unit, but I don't want to waste his time unnecessarily)

I've put this in the cables section as there are often references, but mods please move if its more relevant elsewhere.

regards

Steve

2. swall101

swall101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    ^

3. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,671
    Steve...the only way with a product of that price is to take the dealer's offer and try it out.

For some people they do make a difference,but others find little if any improvement.