1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power cables...

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Lowrider, Oct 7, 2002.

1. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was a little sceptical about power cables, particularly with TAG and Bryston gear, has they say it wont improve the sound, anyway bought a better cable for the FMJ DV27 and good hifi mains blocks...

This weekend a friend brought a pair of Van Den Hul Mainsstream Hybrid power cords, claiming great improvements in his vinyl system...

We tested them, first with the DVD: more dynamics, I had never seen the leds going red on the 4B ST, just the previous day I listened to the same Chesky chorus and organ in a cathedral CD, same volume, and they stayed green... the climaxes went up more "notes", before it was the same note, just louder...

On the Bryston, no apparent change, as they claim...

The AV32R, on the contrary, again improved stage, the organ was fuller, more musical, and, a non subjective proof, I could feel it in my stomach, before I just heard it... amazing...

Guess what, I am buying a pair today... :blush:

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    If you have changes with digital equipment then look to RFI as being a serious issue in your mains.

3. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably, particularly late afternoon, when I couldn´t listen to PCM, the most affected source...