• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Power cable too short!

c_b_b

Standard Member
I've just taken delivery of my Panasonic plasma TV and started to unpack it in readiness to wall mount it tomorrow and i'm shocked at the length of the power cable. It seems to be about 2 metres, which is about 2 metres too short for what i need! :(

I can but don't really want to move the plug socket. This will result in it being a spur about a metre up the side of the chimney breast, which will look crap!

Can i buy a longer cable, and if so where from?

What have other people done?

:lease:

D

Deleted member 161415

Same problem here, just cut off the moulded plug, and using wireconnectors add a lenght of wire (Probably twin core no earth) to an new plug and the remaining lead.

I assume you going to hiding the cables in conduit or in the wall (e.g. the cable was not going to on show anyway) so appearance makes no odds.

Mark

c_b_b

Standard Member
Thank you for the replies. The cable will be going in the wall.

There was a look of horror earlier on my wifes face when i suggested cutting and extending the cable! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom