Power cable run on floor next to window

blueboy1971

Is it ok to run twin and earth next to the bottom a window? I will be having a spur running quite an expanse across the living room and will be running it behind the skirting board but i have a full window to the floor. I was going to run it in box conduit next to the window and then facia over the top.

The only other option is run a channel in the floor, mark it up for the future and then fill and lay the laminate flooring over the top.

Sanders79

Distinguished Member
Hello,

Are you unable to go up into the ceiling from the socket already on the ring and run the spur cable between ceiling and floor? That would be my preference.

Cheers.

shoemaker666

Distinguished Member
agree running cable behind skirting is not a good idea. and in the future either you or new owners may replace the skirting and while screwing it in will go straight through the electrical cable.

run in the ceiling with straight drops down

RichardK

agree running cable behind skirting is not a good idea. and in the future either you or new owners may replace the skirting and while screwing it in will go straight through the electrical cable.

run in the ceiling with straight drops down

It's because of the danger you've highlighted that it is prohibited by the wiring regs.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom