1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power cable for Panny

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Andy.T, Jul 22, 2002.

1. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    Does anyone know what the type of power cable the AE-100 uses (like a PC/kettle lead but with 3 circular connectors) is called?

Also has anyone sourced a longer version (5m or so)?

Cheers,

Andy Trump

2. Dominic

Dominic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    andy

This is the same question i asked a few weeks ago, there wasnt really a reply from these forums other than extend the existing lead.

So i had a dig around and have found that the plug is called an IEC-320 Type C5 this is very simular to the kettle lead for a PC which is an IEC-320 type C13.

The C5 one is the one for the panasonic ptae100 (3 pins in triangle shape), the only problem is tring to find someone who does this lead or a plug and some flex.

The only joy i had was maplins Page 489 of the 2001-2002 catalogue or www.maplin.co.uk and search on the order code

Order Code QN62S
    Description Moulded C5 Lead 2m
    price £7.99

also see page 490 it gives a picture of ALL the IEC-320 types...

as you can see its only a 2m lead... no where i could find does the plug on its own... so i bought one of these and then cut it and joined with some more 7mm round 3 core, used some crimp connectors from maplins too. (it all sits wrapped in insulation tape in some 32x16mm trunking )

such a shame its only 2m why cant they do a 5m or 10m... or even the plug on its own.... still i have the original panasonic lead and the butchered one that works a treat

hope this helps

Dom