Power and Audio Cables together?

panama

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am from an IT background (I can hear the groans already ) but stay with me, one of the the golden rules, if you like, is never to lay power and data cables near or on top of each other. Due to the power leads building up induction, I think, which can then cause disruption to the data.

Is this the same for power and audio cables. I spend ages keeping all mine seperated, but will be looking to have them channeled in to the wall at some point when my Plasma eventually goes above the unused fireplace.

thoughts

TIA

panama said:
Hi, I am from an IT background (I can hear the groans already )

There are only one or two of us that aren't from IT backgrounds.

The same principle applies in hifi and home cinema that power and "data" cables should be kept as far apart as possible and should cross at right angles if necessary and not run parallel to each other

That makes two of us Ian. I`m from a plumbing background.

The reason of induction is why I have chased out two chanels for cables to screen. One being big enough to bury 68mm rain water down pipe for signal cables and another being 42mm waste pipe about 200mm away for power cable.

The rain water pipe is big enough to pull through big items such as the end of a scart lead.

What about RF coaxial cables and Cat 5 networking cables bunched together. Perhaps the IT experience here could let me know if this is faesable option without lowering the quality of either TV or networking signal...?

That's what I thought, however I seem to see a lot of installations in the varios mags where they run them next to each other, I would have thought the "pro's" would know better?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom