1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Power amp to go with Yamm 2500

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by pragmatic, Jan 17, 2005.

1. pragmatic

Nov 9, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I've got a RX-V2500 and it sounds very good and is amazing with movies over my previous 620 but the sound quality with pure direct is quite an improvement. Unfortunatly pure direct is only 2.0 stero and as such I lose the sub and can't use it for HT.

I would like to look into a power amp that would give me similar sound, at the moment i'm just looking at the front pair, which are B&W P5's equivenlent to the 700 series i'm lead to believe (although obviously older).
    Would just upping the fronts compromise the system, becuase i'm very happy with the centre mission 75c, and the rears are ok but i think i would need to up the speaker from crap to good before i'll do anything to them.

Also what sort of price would i have to pay to make an improvement i'm looking for (second hand is always an option in my book) and any recomended models.

I was thinking of marantz monoblocks but after reading a review or two i'm not sure.