1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

power amp to av amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by ISHANTY, Aug 21, 2004.

1. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    i have some problems connecting my rotel power amp, 1075, to my denon 3805 amp. I connected all the speakers up to the rotel and than connected all the pre out cables from the rotel to the denon using zone 2. The denon manual is not very clear. I am not sure if i have done something wrong, but there is no sound. I have checked the speaker cables several times and they are fine. What am i doing wrong? The power light comes on, and the 5 channel lights do not, as they are not supposed to.
    I have tried to get zone 2 to work on the denon but to no prevail.
    Please can someone help me?

2. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you want to use the Rotel as amplification for the main speakers or are you trying to power speakers in a another room? If it's the first option then you need to connect the Rotel to the 7.1 Pre-Outs of the Denon.

3. Barend

Barend

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    If you just want to improve your sound in the same room you should not use zone 2, just connect the Rotel to the apporiate Preouts.
    Barend

4. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    yes i do want to improve the sound in the same room but do i connect my speakers to my denon or rotel

5. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Speakers connect to Rotel.

5 phono cables from Denon pre outs Front/Center/Surround to Rotel Inputs.

This uses the Denon as a preamp and the Rotel as a power amp for the main 5 channels.

Gus

6. ISHANTY

ISHANTY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    i had done this on friday night and when i turned on the rotel nothing i was scraching my head, so i started all over again for i thought i might have done it wrong still nothing anyway after five hrs i gave up
    what was wrong i turned the 12volt trigger on and it was waiting for a signal so turned it off and then powered off the power amp then waited 10 secs turned it on and hey "IT WORKS" thaank you all for all your help i really was racking my brain with this i just couldn't get it i had the rotel RA01 and that worked fine
    p.s i have to say it sound really good and i'm really pleased i went for 1075 thank u all