Power amp options with NAD 302?

Bascombe

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of 'getting the band back together': resurrecting my old RP3 turntable and NAD 302 integrated amp. They'll be paired with far better speakers than I was using back in the day: Dali Oberon 3. I never tried using the NAD as just a pre amp before, but there seems a bit of a consensus on the internet that doing that can make a substantial improvement. I've never looked at power amps before, so am aiming for second hand and relatively low (ish) cost. The NAD 902, Cyrus Q Power, and Audiolab 8000p are all listed on eBay, along with lots of others. Does anyone have experience of any of these? Am I heading down the wrong route considering power amps at all?

Cheers,

Bascombe

I can see where you are coming from but you will still be limited by the quality of the preamp section of your NAD integrated. If it were me I would wait for a better quality integrated amp more suited to the Oberons.
If you are set on the power amp route get one that can later be matched to a preamp from the same manufacturer - e.g. the Cyrus.

Sound advice, thank you. As usual I think I was getting a bit caught up in a fit of upgraditis. I'll live with the 302 for a bit then reassess. The Rega io seems like a very tempting proposition for the money.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom