Power Amp for MA GS Series 5.1

oasis13

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Doesanyone have any suggestions for a nice punchy Power Amp for my MA GS Series speakers. Budget up to 2.5k

Only need 5 channel. Obvious choice down the scale is Rotel 1095. Any opion on this match up?

Forward and forward... doesn't sound ideal to me!

I'd have thought an Arcam would be a better sonic partner... does kind of depend on the Pre/Processor a little though

Oh and this may make more sense in the Amp section :)

the parasound a51 and pass labs x5 are both supposed to gd amps. also lexicon lx5 or bryston 9b sst. i am looking to buy 1 of these my speakers are the series down from yours the silvers.

Hi Guys,

Doesanyone have any suggestions for a nice punchy Power Amp for my MA GS Series speakers. Budget up to 2.5k

Only need 5 channel. Obvious choice down the scale is Rotel 1095. Any opion on this match up?

I have the same speakers and am also looking for a 5 channel power amp.

I have tried both the arcam offerings and thought they were quite poor ( I dont like arcam stuff fullstop so thats probably why:D) in comparison to the meridian G55 I also tried which cost the same as the FMJ Arcam but the meridian didnt quite have the guts I wanted being only 100 watts per channel.

Primare do the 30.5 £1700 which should sound good with the GS range of speakers .

I am also seeing if I can get hold of a secondhand Chord SPM2400 .

Trying to get to see and hear Parasound stuff is nigh on impossible although it seems to have a good write up.

Its a shame MF dont do a multi channel amp as the GS range sounds great partnered with their Amps.

If you find anything that sounds great please let me know :smashin:

The Rotel 1095 looks fantastic value for money but again its getting to be able to demo one with the GS speakers. You can also get a 6 channel Rotel thats bridgeable into three channels giving 150 WPC , I was thinking of buying maybe 3 of these (it costs roughly the same as a single 1095) and biamping all 3 front speakers with two amps and running the rears of the third, No idea what it would sound like though but the GS speakers love to be Biamped.

I a finding buying a 5 channel poweramp an extremely difficult thing to do as you cant get to hear anything thats not run of the mill

i'll second the Primare, they work nicely with MA GR/GS range.......and seconding again its a shame MF havnt gotten back in to the multi channel arena, i remember hearing they were thinking about it, but i guess they've decided against it :(

All I really want is a 3 channel A5 :thumbsup: .

I have been toying the idea of just getting an A5 integrated as I am really only after better stereo performance ,I believe the integrated has a home theatre direct input which just utilises the amp circuitry and by passes the pre amp sections. This would also allow me to connect my CD directly to the A% rather than have to run it through my AV receiver .

Not sure how the A5 would powered fronts would gel with the centre running of my Receiver if I added one.

I'd go also for a Primare. I plan to change my configuration and keep both Pathos classic one MKIII for left and right (for HiFi listening) and put a A 30.3 for center and surround for HC :smashin:

Hadn't thought about the Primare... perfect choice!

The latest video from AVForums

StormAudio ISR Fusion 20 AV Receiver - review coming soon #HomeCinema #Amplifier #VideoShort
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom