Power Amp for MA GS Series 5.1

oasis13

Standard Member
Hi Guys,

Doesanyone have any suggestions for a nice punchy Power Amp for my MA GS Series speakers. Budget up to 2.5k

Only need 5 channel. Obvious choice down the scale is Rotel 1095. Any opion on this match up?

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Forward and forward... doesn't sound ideal to me!

I'd have thought an Arcam would be a better sonic partner... does kind of depend on the Pre/Processor a little though

Oh and this may make more sense in the Amp section :)

krishen

the parasound a51 and pass labs x5 are both supposed to gd amps. also lexicon lx5 or bryston 9b sst. i am looking to buy 1 of these my speakers are the series down from yours the silvers.

co55ie

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

Doesanyone have any suggestions for a nice punchy Power Amp for my MA GS Series speakers. Budget up to 2.5k

Only need 5 channel. Obvious choice down the scale is Rotel 1095. Any opion on this match up?

I have the same speakers and am also looking for a 5 channel power amp.

I have tried both the arcam offerings and thought they were quite poor ( I dont like arcam stuff fullstop so thats probably why:D) in comparison to the meridian G55 I also tried which cost the same as the FMJ Arcam but the meridian didnt quite have the guts I wanted being only 100 watts per channel.

Primare do the 30.5 £1700 which should sound good with the GS range of speakers .

I am also seeing if I can get hold of a secondhand Chord SPM2400 .

Trying to get to see and hear Parasound stuff is nigh on impossible although it seems to have a good write up.

Its a shame MF dont do a multi channel amp as the GS range sounds great partnered with their Amps.

If you find anything that sounds great please let me know :smashin:

The Rotel 1095 looks fantastic value for money but again its getting to be able to demo one with the GS speakers. You can also get a 6 channel Rotel thats bridgeable into three channels giving 150 WPC , I was thinking of buying maybe 3 of these (it costs roughly the same as a single 1095) and biamping all 3 front speakers with two amps and running the rears of the third, No idea what it would sound like though but the GS speakers love to be Biamped.

I a finding buying a 5 channel poweramp an extremely difficult thing to do as you cant get to hear anything thats not run of the mill

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
i'll second the Primare, they work nicely with MA GR/GS range.......and seconding again its a shame MF havnt gotten back in to the multi channel arena, i remember hearing they were thinking about it, but i guess they've decided against it :(

co55ie

Novice Member
All I really want is a 3 channel A5 :thumbsup: .

I have been toying the idea of just getting an A5 integrated as I am really only after better stereo performance ,I believe the integrated has a home theatre direct input which just utilises the amp circuitry and by passes the pre amp sections. This would also allow me to connect my CD directly to the A% rather than have to run it through my AV receiver .

Not sure how the A5 would powered fronts would gel with the centre running of my Receiver if I added one.

melkior

Novice Member
I'd go also for a Primare. I plan to change my configuration and keep both Pathos classic one MKIII for left and right (for HiFi listening) and put a A 30.3 for center and surround for HC :smashin:

Scott_Mac

Distinguished Member
Hadn't thought about the Primare... perfect choice!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom