1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pots FUBAR on SVP 350+????? Help!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by BobbyBlaze, Apr 15, 2005.

1. BobbyBlaze

BobbyBlaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    hi guys,
    long time listener, first time caller. I am typing this with my bottom lip trembling as I've just run into a problem with my seleco svp350+ and I am, to put it mildly, choked (sniff!).

As we all know, CRT's are a labour of love (and that goes twice for the SVP350 with it's manual pot tweaking) I was just giving the convergence a quick tweak and was feeling jolly pleased with myself and the results. In fact, I was just at the point of chastising my lazy ass for not doing it any sooner when I noticed that, all of a sudden, no amount of pot spinning was having any effect on the picture I was looking at and it wasn't just related to one or two pots, either. In fact, all of the corner adjustment and most of the other pots on both red and blue (haven't tried green) no longer have any effect when turned (although a few of them still work as intended). Needless to say I am distraught and ran to my computer to get some help from the experts.

Is this (gulp) indicative of something horribly gone wrong or is there a perhaps a more simple solution such as (I know I'm grasping now) a switch that could be put back into place that would magically fix everything? Any help or advice would be MASSIVELY appreciated here (Chris! Chris! Where for art thou, Chris?).

As a side note as I was scanning around the projector I noticed a switch labeled "SW501" which has a red LED next to it. Can anyone tell me what this does to distract my mind for a little bit. I haven't touched it and the LED is set to off at the moment.

2. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Bobbyblaze
    I am also the proud owner of a "pot tweaking 350+"not sure what your problem is with the pots having no adjustments,unless all your switches(jumpers as they are called in the book)are turned "on"in the disabled position.
    If you have not got a manual maybe this will help:these are the numbers of the switches and what they do;
    jp106;disable corners adjusting functions.
    jp301;disable horizontal red crt convergence driver.
    jp302;disable vertical red crt convergence driver.
    jp303;disable horizontal green crt convergence driver.
    jp304;disable vertical green crt convergence driver.
    jp305;disable horizontal blue crt convergence driver.
    jp306;disable vertical blue crt convergence driver.

AND maybe more important(re your last question)switch jp501(which is printed in the manual as "105")disables the borders adjusting functions(when the LED is lit) :confused:

hope this is of some help :thumbsup:

Gary g

3. BobbyBlaze

BobbyBlaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Gary!!! My man!!! :clap:

I can't believe it was so easy. Flicked one switch and the whole thing sprang back into life. (201, must have flicked it thinking it was the light switch!!). Thanks Dude! I had resolved myself to waiting a nerve wracking week just to have that chin rubbing, head swaying response I get whenever I take my celica into thegarage, " Nah, mate it's f**ked!".

Even though, with all the pot twiddling I did, the picture now looks ghastly, I have never been so happy to see the convergence so bad.

I am forever in your debt and any time you need anything, bone marrow or a kidney or whatever, all you gotta do is ask.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

4. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well done glad its worked out :cool:
    now whats this pain in my stomach? :eek:

5. gary g

gary g

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Anyway leave the bloody light switch alone,your supposed to be in the dark to do your convergence!!! :D

6. BobbyBlaze

BobbyBlaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Lol! Cheers again! I never knew another man could make me so happy! :D