Potential Problem

KettyKrueger

Hi All

I was just fitting some banana plugs on my centre speaker when I noticed that the front speakers had dialogue barely coming out of them and it sounded really weird, like a 'squiggley' kind of noise, if that makes sense?

I had to put my ear right up the speaker to hear it, and at first I thought it was just because the centre speaker was unplugged but when I plugged it back in, sure enough the weird dialogue noise was there.

It's very odd, all other sounds are fine, and with normal use it's not noticeable.

Any one got any ideas?? My equipment list is below and for info, I was using the 'Prologic IIX MV' setting, but I've also noticed it on other settings too.

Any input appreciated!

davepuma

Distinguished Member
You sometimes get warbling noises ala donald duck when using DPL as it's not true s/sound and it is caused by mixing the 2.0 channel stereo signal. Do you get it on discrete 5.1 tracks as well. It's usually more common on the l/r channels though.

KettyKrueger

You sometimes get warbling noises ala donald duck when using DPL as it's not true s/sound and it is caused by mixing the 2.0 channel stereo signal. Do you get it on discrete 5.1 tracks as well. It's usually more common on the l/r channels though.
lol, yeah Donald Duck, that's a pretty accurate description!!

I had a sneaky suspicion it was something to do with PL. I'm not sure if it's the same with D5.1, I'll give it a whirl tomorrow.

Cheers for the help.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom