Potential Problem: Premiere AV Package

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Barzo, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Barzo

Barzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Problem is - how do I tell that I have purchased the Avant Premiere set, and not the old one?

My centre (MS304) is showing different dimensions to the one listed on the website: 108x274x145 (as opposed to 108x270x130).

Is there anyway one can tell from the box, or from the serial numbers, or any clear feature?

These speakers were bought new, so I am obviously concerned that I have got the correct system!

2. billym

billym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are different dimensions on pretty much every MS website I have looked at and even the dimensions in the instruction manual included with the speakers are different from the actual speakers themselves.

As I understand it a simple way to check should be if the side of the box shows honey maple as the colour as this was only introduced with the avant technology. I've just bought the avant set in vanadium silver too. I think the previous non-avant speakers only came in black, cherry or graphite.

Tons of fun I believe works for MS and is a regular contributor to this forum so should be able to verify this however I think this thread already does that.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147576&highlight=premiere+avant

Great system though - I've got the Avant Premiere Plus with the MS309 Sub and am loving it. :thumbsup:

3. Barzo

Barzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Thanks, Billym.

Just one more thing to put my mind at rest. How were your speakers packed? I have a sneaking suspicion that I have been sold an 'open box' system - particuarly as there was nothing covering the subwoofer cone (I have the 308, which has a downwards firing cone). Also, the feet attachments had yellowish plastic on the back - it is supposed to be clean white? May be being overly suspicious....

4. billym

billym

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had an MS308 initially but changed it over for an MS309 - from memory I'm pretty sure that there was nothing covering the sub-woofer cone on the MS308 (although there is a cover on the MS309); you should be able to tell if there are any holes around it which would be needed to fit a grill into. I can't remember about the feet attachments however I think the ones on the MS309 are the same and these are plain white on the bottom although something does ring a bell regarding yellow for some reason - do you want to post a photo?

The actual sub came in the box with four angled polystyrene retaining blocks at each corner top and bottom. The sub itself was in a plastic bag; at the top in the space between the polystyrene blocks was a round cardboard circle on top of which were the instruction manual in a sealed bag, the power cable in a bag and the various screws and spikes in another bag.

The actual speakers came in three separate boxes - two for the MS302's and one for the MS304 - all in the one big box branded with the premiere system stuff. Hope this helps.