• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Potential iPad conusumer - Questions re: file sharing across the home network

Scapegoat

I have an iMac, an external wireless HDD (that I can see from the Mac) and a wireless printer (again that I use from the Mac).

My Ipod Touch cannot communicate with any of these (or at least not that I have found), however if I got an iPad (16gb) I'd like to be able to view photos/videos, play music that is on the main house storage systems.

Can this be done? Thanks in advance.

mjpx

Standard Member
I use an app called filebrower to connect to my nas drive, enter in the device ip address and it connects to allow you to view anything on that device, including photo's etc.....

coolio

On a slight tangent, my family share my iTunes login and everything in notes across 3 iPhones and 1 iPad is instantly seen by each other. Bit weird.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom