potc dead mans chest

Reaction score
got it this morning.

Yup me too. At last! Looks good but only skipped through some of the darker scenes at the beginning.

Here we go again Sky !!

No Pirates here this morning. Just Ghost Ship & 3 kids programmes (yes they've returned)

And before you ask Sky......

Turned box into standby last night at 23:05hrs , & nothing at all recording during the night.

Oh & not that it was any good , but my Ultraviolet film has disappeared from Anytime too this morning.

Regards James

No Pirates here this morning. Just Ghost Ship & 3 kids programmes (yes they've returned)
Same here. No POTC, just Ghost Ship and four kids programmes. The one film we'd really like to see, and we don't get it. The wife is really :censored: , we were both so looking forward to POTC for Saturday night. Stupid Sky, when are they going to realise that this whole idea of only showing HD premieres on Anytime is annoying so many of their high-paying customers.

Same here. Box hadn't been used since recording Heroes on BBC HD last night. Well done Sky :mad:

I know it probably wont get us anywhere , but is there a number we can ring & register our disgust. As HD Movie subscribers this is becoming a joke.

I need to vent my frustration out somewhere. The cats gone in to hiding , apparently the other makes you blind !!! So my old man told me !!

Regards James

It appears to me that there seems to be 2 different sets of Anytime. I never had some films that others reported. Now, I have some films these same people do not.

Still, it should be the same for all of us. I really want Children of Men which I think will be on in a few weeks on HD but others had it on anytime last month.

Im so annoyed its making my blood boil. I pay Sky HD, Sky Multiroom, Sky World, Sky Talk and Sky BB. The average revenue they get form me is well above your average subscriber. I should get all the content they have, yet the HD films are so random its un true. If its a bandwidth thing then send out the same movie to all of us over two nights, not just ignore half of us.

Why do Sky think im on Elvis fan too. Just cause it was his deathday what makes them think I want 4 hours of black and white mono sounded musicals. Sort it out. learn what I watch, and then send me more.

If they did it with Football, say half of us only get the games on a Sunday afternoon there would be bloodshed, why are those who pay extra again for HD be treated any differently. Great idea, badly executed.

Sky must of read my threat to go blind.

It's just appeared in my Anytime planner.

Good luck everyone else ;)
Regards James

It's just appeared in my Anytime planner.
Nothing appearing in mine. Although we are recording a programme at the moment, and did watch another programme, so I guess that will have cancelled the Anytime downloads.

Is there a definitive list anywhere of what movies are being downloaded when, so we can avoid recording other things at that time? All we want is to be able to watch HD movies when they're first available in HD. Not an unreasonable requirement, is it :(

You will find it cuts off just at the end:mad: BBC HD timings are all over the place with Heroes.

It's a bit unfair to blame the BBC for this one though!

You can't really hold the BBC responsible for the late kick off of the England v Germany game which then caused the problem with the Heroes timings.

ATB

Max

Didn't have POTC this morning when I checked it, looked again just now and its there :thumbsup: Now I got this and Rocky Balboa that I got as one of the free Sky Box Office movies to get through

Got POTC on my anytime this morning as well :)

I got POTC dead man chest this morning had a quick look through it. Question is will it be as good as the blu ray version i have. Picture quality wise.

So, am I alone in not getting POTC-DMC? Anyone know when it's scheduled to be broadcast again in HD? It's not listed in Digiguide in HD up to November :(

No Pirates here, just 'Ghost Ship' (not even the reported 4 kids programmes) - and the box hasn't been in use all night :thumbsdow

Hopefully it might show up later on, but I doubt it will.

not for me either, cant work out this anytime as i never got Crank or more recently Ultraviolet, really doing my head in and i'd have thought I should be able to get most stuff as the box is always in standby from 10-11pm to 8am and we rarely record anything during the night.

I got POTC dead man chest this morning had a quick look through it. Question is will it be as good as the blu ray version i have. Picture quality wise.

Well, it'll certainly load quicker than the Blu Ray does on my player:rotfl:

from the bits i quicky skipped through it looked to be very good quality on par with king kong anyway.i dont have blu ray so it willbe interesting to see how it fairs to the blu ray cause this sky hd version seems to be one of the best ive seen

:mad::mad::mad: Not only have i not got POTC (the only film i've really looked forward to for weeks), but my anytime now says there are no programmes, and to ensure i have a sky+ subscription!!! What the hell are Sky thinking of!!! Absolutely sick of this now.

You will find it cuts off just at the end:mad: BBC HD timings are all over the place with Heroes.

It did with mine as well.

I'll not be fussed at all if I don't get POTC, I thought that it was complete Rhubarb and Custard.

HissyClaw.gif

I have it. I now have to watch like 5 movies tomorrow, my HDD is almost full. :D

Last thing I got was Armageddon.........................2 days ago!:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom